Stephen Harper is dedicated to building a stronger, prouder, more prosperous Canada by delivering real results for everyday Canadian families. He has spent his entire political career standing up and speaking out for Canadians who work hard, pay their taxes and play by the rules.
As Prime Minister, Stephen Harper has delivered real action on the priorities of all Canadian families including:
- Passing the tough new political fundraising rules that take the big money, corporations and unions out of political party financing.
- Reducing the GST from 7% to 6% and now, to 5%.
- Providing $1,200 per year, per child under six, that parents can spend on their own child care priorities.
- Giving Canadians tax credits for money spent on transit passes, textbooks and kids’ sports.
- Strengthening Canada’s product safety laws, including the first ever federal mandatory recall law, and new rules for what can be called a “product of Canada”.
- Passing tough new laws that will keep gun criminals and sexual predators behind bars.
- Taking real action on the environment with Canada’s first ever mandatory greenhouse gas emission regulations.
- Investing in new patrol ships, satellite surveillance, and arctic rangers to protect our sovereignty over Canada’s North.
Click here to learn more about our leader prime Minister Stephen Harper